Shape Similarity for Virtual Screening & Lead Hopping
ROCS is a powerful virtual screening tool which can rapidly identify potentially active compounds by shape comparison. ROCS is competitive with, and often superior to, structure-based approaches in virtual screening [1,2], both in terms of overall performance and consistency . Novel and interesting molecular scaffolds have been identified using ROCS against targets often considered very difficult for computational techniques to address .
ROCS is a fast shape comparison application, based on the idea that molecules have similar shape if their volumes overlay well and any volume mismatch is a measure of dissimilarity. It uses a smooth Gaussian function to represent the molecular volume , so it is possible to routinely minimize to the best global match.
ROCS alignments have a number of applications: 3D QSAR, SAR analysis, understanding of scaffold diversity and detection of common binding elements. ROCS alignments to crystallographic conformations have also been useful in pose prediction in the absence of a protein structure .
vROCS is the innovative graphical user interface that enables users to jump right into working with ROCS. vROCS also provides a powerful query editor enabling the advanced user to design complex queries. Recognizing the importance of query validation, vROCS includes a collection of statistical tools to evaluate the performance of different queries.
|vROCS running ROCS in 3D mode|
|A database molecule overlaid on a shape query.|
- Returns overlays based on matching both 3D shape and chemistry
- Processes 20 to 40 compounds a second on a single CPU
- Overlays are intuitive and visually informative when viewed in standard visualizers (e.g. VIDA)
- Chemistry matching based on user-definable chemical force-field
- Query shape may be a molecule, a grid (e.g. electron density, active site, or arbitrary volume) or a composite of the two
- Reports rigorous Tanimoto and Tversky measure between shapes
- Intuitive graphical user interface with a query editor and statistical tools for query validation
- Multiprocessor support via OpenMPI. Can be run across multiple machines with minimal configuration and no additional installation other than ROCS
- Distributed processing via PVM for most Unix platforms
For ROCS and All OpenEye Products
- Multiple file format handling: robust reading and specification-compliant writing of: SMILES, SLN, SDF, MOL, MOL2, PDB, FASTA, MOPAC, MacroModel, XYZ, CCP4, XPLOR, and OEBinary.
- Platform independence: support for Linux, Windows, Mac OS X and many flavors of Unix in both 32 and 64 bit.