Location:Santa Fe, New Mexico
Education: Bachelor's degree
Experience: 3 or more years relevant experience
Manage Others: No
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who has a passion for system administration and software development in a cloud-native system. This position will allow you to continue to develop your existing AWS skill set. You will be working on our cloud-native SaaS platform for drug discovery, Orion. Day to day tasks include working with many AWS products and services including CloudFormation, EC2, S3, RDS, ElastiCache, ELB, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, IAM, KMS, CloudWatch, Lambda, ECS, ECR, Elasticsearch Service, SES, SQS, SNS, Step Functions, VPC, Route 53 and WAF. Our infrastructure as code is managed through hundreds of Linux EC2 instances using Ansible as our configuration management tool. See a snapshot of our infrastructure from our 2016 AWS re:Invent talk.
You will join our growing DevOps group and work closely with other DevOps Engineers in our dedicated space at our Santa Fe HQ, while also interacting with our Cloud backend and frontend teams. You will also work alongside our customer service team to help provide our users with an outstanding support experience.
You are not expected to be an expert in every technology we currently use and we do not know which technologies we might adopt in the future. Therefore, a willingness to learn independently is crucial to succeed in this role.
OpenEye offers a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. Just to name a few:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Sabbaticals offered after every 5 years of service
- Reimbursement of public transportation. A plus if you live where RailRunner service is available.
- Reimbursement of fitness memberships (includes ski passes, swim passes, or other approved fitness activities)
- On-site lunch deliveries at no cost to employees
- Professional financial advisors are available at no cost to employees
- Significant experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Development experience using Python.
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Salt).
- Experience in Linux system administration, including web-centric application installation and configuration (e.g. NGINX, MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Experience with source control and CI/CD systems (Git, Jenkins, TeamCity).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working in a team.
The following are a plus:
- Experience with Django powered websites.
- Experience with container technologies (e.g. Docker, ECS, Kubernetes).
Application Contact Information:
To apply please Email cover letter and resume to:
Or mail to:
OpenEye Scientific Software Recruiting
9 Bisbee Court, Suite D
Santa Fe, NM 87508
No calls or walk-ins, please.
OpenEye Scientific Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Date Posted: 02/11/2018