Location:Santa Fe, New Mexico
Education: Bachelor's degree
Experience: 1 or more years relevant experience
Manage Others: No
You will be working in our Cloud Operations group to aid the day to day operations required for our cloud-native SaaS platform for computer-aided drug design, Orion. Orion is built leveraging many AWS products and services including: CloudFormation, EC2, S3, RDS, ElastiCache, ELB, CodePipeline, IAM, KMS, CloudWatch, Lambda, ECS, ECR, Elasticsearch Service, SES, SQS, SNS, Step Functions, VPC, Route 53 and Athena. Our infrastructure as code is managed through thousands of Linux EC2 instances using Ansible as our configuration management tool. We use Python and Boto 3 as our default to build related tooling. See a snapshot of our infrastructure from our 2016 AWS re:Invent talk.
You will join our growing Cloud Operations group working in our dedicated space, Ops Center, at our Santa Fe HQ, while also interacting with our CI development, backend and frontend teams. In addition to supporting our internal Orion users you will interact with Fortune 500 companies who are running Orion working with colleagues in our customer service team to help provide an outstanding support experience.
Day to day tasks will include managing deployments for the many installations of Orion, assisting internal developers with AWS issues and handling service desk requests for account management and other admin-level operations. You will join other Cloud Operations group members participating in on-call rotations, which will include occasional out of business hours rotations as well.
OpenEye is not providing work visa sponsorship for this position. Please only apply if eligible to work in the U.S. and will not require work visa sponsorship in the future.
OpenEye offers a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. Just to name a few:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Paid sick leave
- Sabbaticals offered after every 5 years of service
- Reimbursement of public transportation. A plus if you live where RailRunner service is available.
- Reimbursement of fitness memberships (includes ski passes, swim passes, or other approved fitness activities)
- On-site lunch deliveries at no cost to employees
- Professional financial advisors are available at no cost to employees
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working in a dynamic team.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, e.g. EC2, S3 and RDS.
- Experience with Linux system administration.
- Experience with source control and CI/CD systems, e.g. Git, TeamCity, Jenkins, CodePipeline.
- Familiarity using programming/scripting languages such as Python, Bash and SQL.
The following are a plus, but not required:
Experience with customer service tools (e.g. Jira Service Desk, Opsgenie, Statuspage, etc.)
- Have been part of on-call rotations.
- AWS Certification(s).
- Experience with container technologies (e.g. Docker, ECS).
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Salt).
Application Contact Information:
To apply please Email cover letter and resume to:
Or mail to:
OpenEye Scientific Software Recruiting
9 Bisbee Court, Suite D
Santa Fe, NM 87508
No calls or walk-ins, please.
OpenEye Scientific Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Date Posted: 05/14/2019