Location:Santa Fe, New Mexico
Education: Masters or PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Computational Biology or related field
Experience: 1-3+ years experience developing in modern scientific languages. 1-2+ years experience with antibody modeling or other protein-protein interfaces
Manage Others: No
OpenEye Scientific is seeking a highly motivated, well-qualified scientific software developer to help develop tools and workflows for modeling and simulating protein-protein interfaces. In particular the focus will initially be on modeling antibody-antigen complexes. The ability to write high quality scientific code is essential, and previous contribution to a large-scale code base is preferred.
Over the last eight years, OpenEye Scientific has developed the field’s most advanced large-scale compute platform, Orion, built on Amazon Web Services. In this position, you will be working at the cutting edge of cloud computing, C++/Python development, and advanced protein modeling. Your work will have the potential to make a major impact in drug discovery and will be available to many pharmaceutical and biotech companies.
You will join a group of mostly PhD-level scientists and developers who are driven to build the next generation of biomolecular simulation software, a group that excels in code optimization, molecular theory and the scientific process. We are also skilled C++ and Python developers who enjoy discussing our science and the state and direction of the field.
OpenEye Scientific has been a leader in the computational chemistry industry for over twenty years and provides a wide range of products for designing new and better medicines. We are widely recognized for the care we take with our science, our software and the people who work for us.
This position is available at our headquarters in Santa Fe, NM. Relocation assistance will be provided.
- Master’s or PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Computational Biology or related field
- 1-3+ years experience developing in modern scientific languages (Python/C++/etc.)
- 1-2+ years experience with antibody modeling or other protein-protein interfaces
- Good people/communication skills and ability to work as a part of a team
- Ability to work under a development schedule, balancing features with delivery
- 3-5+ years experience developing in modern scientific languages (Python, C++, etc.)
- 1-2+ years experience with bioinformatics algorithms and next-generation sequencing
Application Contact Information:
To apply please Email cover letter and resume to:
No calls or walk-ins, please.
OpenEye Scientific Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Date Posted: 09/16/2020