Using Computational Crystal Structure Prediction (CSP) to Optimize Small Molecule Drug Formulation
- Computational CSP is a valuable tool to identify small molecule drug candidates with desirable solid properties
- OpenEye’s proprietary method and highly parallelizable approach makes this an accurate and practical tool for screening a large number of molecules
- Blind and semi-blind challenges of the method were validated with drug-like molecules from GlaxoSmithKline
Benefits to using CSP:
- Smart candidate selection – Identify and rank crystal candidates most suitable for web-lab formulation testing by computationally predicting polymorph landscape.
- Reduced costs and risks – Avoid costly experimental testing on candidates whose polymorph profiles will likely lead to safety or efficacy concerns down the line.
- Better business insights – Use knowledge gleaned from crystal structure prediction to consider a candidate’s impact on the IP landscape.
Estimated Reading Time: 15 minutes
Access the FREE white paper by filling out the simple form at right.