This years CUP event will be held March 5-7, 2019 at the Inn and Spa at Loretto in Santa Fe, NM. CUP is OpenEye's annual scientific meeting held in Santa Fe, NM where we bring together top Scientists, Customers, Users, and Programmers in the industry to discuss the challenges in drug discovery. We hope you will join us this year!
Registration for the event is free but attendance is limited.
Hotel and transportation information is listed below the Agenda. We look forward to seeing you in March!
CUP Preliminary Agenda:
Monday, March 4
- Morning Session: Orion Partners Meeting
- Afternoon Session: Orion Sneak Peak Session
Tuesday, March 5
- Morning Session: Orion Platform - Official Release
- Afternoon Session: OpenEye Toolkits, Products and Science Updates
- Frank K. Brown Address: Industry Perspective: Deborah Loughney, BMS
Wednesday, March 6
- Morning Session: Small Molecule Solubility: How important it is in a drug design project and how best can we model it?
- Afternoon Session: Applications of Machine Learning with Large Scale Data
- The Levinthal Lecture: Pat Walters, Relay Therapeutics
Thursday, March 7
- Morning Session: How to Build Models in Our Industry
- Afternoon Session: Application of Modeling to New Areas in Pharma
- Conference Dinner
Fourth Annual “Penny J. Gilmer Grants” for Women Graduate Students & Post-docs
To encourage women starting out in our field, OpenEye is awarding several travel grants (reimbursements for transport and hotel) to female graduate students or post-docs in the US or Canada wishing to attend CUP and present posters or talks.
These grants are named for Penny J. Gilmer, PhD, now the Nancy Marcus Professor Emerita of Chemistry and Biochemistry at Florida State University. Penny, our CEO’s original academic mentor, was the first woman hired as tenure-track faculty at FSU’s Chemistry Department. She has been recognized by several organizations for her work as both a scientist and advocate, including the National Science Foundation, the American Association for the Advancement of Sciences, and the American Association of University Women. In 2008, she was chosen as a Fellow of the Association for Women In Science for her dedication to supporting women in science and engineering.
To apply, please contact Beatrice Montoya with your proposed topic. Awards will be finalized by the end of January.
The meeting will take place at the Inn and Spa at Loretto in Santa Fe, NM. We have a block of rooms reserved there at a special rate of $149 per night. Reserve your room online to ensure you get the conference rate or call 1-866-582-1646 and mention the group code "190227OPEN" to get the OpenEye special group rate.
From Albuquerque International Sunport: Car rentals are available at the airport. The Sandia Shuttle Express leaves directly from the airport and makes several stops in downtown Santa Fe.
Please note: there are no taxi companies with locations at the airport. Capital City Cab is available for trips to and from the airport but transportation must be arranged with them by calling (505) 438-0000.