OpenEye Spring 2021 miniCUP Event Summary
Our miniCUP series are single-day events that focus on topics of current scientific research, technology, and solutions. Listen to OpenEye speaker presentations and learn about the latest updates on Orion,™ OpenEye's Cloud platform.
This event’s agenda included talks by guest speakers from Memorial Sloan Kettering, NanoImaging Services, and Drinks & Discussions, a series of casual meetings where you had the opportunity to discuss several of the presentation topics in more detail with the speakers and other attendees.
The speaker presentations occurred on Wednesday, April 21, 2021, in the U.S./Americas time zones and were available on-demand for Europe/Middle East/Africa and Asia/Japan attendees immediately after that date.
Live Q&A and Discussion Sessions included in the U.S./Americas event. Additional Live Q&A and Discussion Sessions for Europe/Middle East/Africa and Asia/Japan attendees occurred at the dates indicated below to better accommodate schedules.
Event Dates and Times
- Americas (Canada, U.S., Latin America) - Full Event, including Presentations, Live Q&A, and Discussion Sessions - Wednesday, April 21, 2021
- Europe/Middle East/Africa - Live Q&A and Discussion Sessions - Wednesday, April 28, 2021
- Asia/Japan - Live Q&A and Discussion Sessions - Wednesday, April 28, 2021
Wednesday, 21 April
- Introduction & Welcome - Anthony Nicholls, CEO, OpenEye
- CryoEM & Drug Discovery - Giovanna Scapin, PhD, Chief Scientist, NanoImaging Services
- Science at OpenEye - A. Geoffrey Skillman, CSO, OpenEye
- Multi-component and finite temperature crystal structure predictions - Caitlin Bannan, Physics Scientific Developer, OpenEye
- To Affinity, and Beyond... - Christopher Bayly, Head of Molecular Dynamics, OpenEye
- The COVID Moonshot: An open science collaboration to develop an orally bioavailable inhibitor of SARS-CoV-2 main viral protease - John D. Chodera PhD, Associate Member, Sloan Kettering Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Orion™: Under the Hood - Jharrod LaFon, Vice President, Cloud Development, OpenEye
- Looking over the horizon: Orion in 2021 - Matt Geballe, Vice President, Product, OpenEye
- 3D Modeling in Orion - Bob Tolbert, CTO, OpenEye
- The Orion Platform, Discovery Suites & Services - Jeff Grandy, CCO, OpenEye
- Close encounters of the Orion kind - Steven Muchmore, Head of Application Science, OpenEye
Live Q&A & Discussions Sessions:*
- Biomodeling, Proteins & Antibody Engineering
- Crystal Structure Prediction
Small Molecule Discovery: Lead Optimization
Small Molecule Discovery: Virtual Screening
*All Live Q&A and Discussion sessions occurred simultaneously over the course of one hour. Attendees were able to move from room to room to join various discussions as they choose.
We appreciate those who joined us for another great miniCUP!